Paws 4 A Break offer dog owners a home-based dog boarding alternative to kennels, ensuring your dog gets a holiday of his or her own, whilst you are away.
We are fully insured, licensed by DMBC with a 5-star rating, and have regular inspections by their animal welfare officer.
Jane is also a qualified animal first aider, holds a diploma in dog walking and pet sitting, a certificate in dog care and is am ADTB qualified Approved instructor Pro dog trainer and approved instructor for the Dog training College. She also has many more relevant certificates and qualifications which all can be seen.
We are crazy about dogs, and we love walking, so an ideal mix for the profession we are in.
All dogs must be dog and people friendly, fully inoculated, flea and worm treatment all up to date. We must be courteous to our neighbours, so excessive barkers cannot be boarded; normal barking is ok.
Also, dogs must be dropped off and collected between the hours of 8am and 6pm otherwise we do offer a drop off and collection service.
What will you get
- Free consultation to discuss your dog’s needs
- Free registration
- Twenty-four-hour care for your dog in a home environment
- Your dog will have full run of the house and garden and will be able to sleep wherever he does at home – even if that is in the bed!
- Our home and garden is dog proofed, with 6ft fencing and walls surrounding the rear and side gardens. They are also locked for added security. If weather allows, the back door is kept open so dogs have as much access to the garden as they wish
- Normal feeding routine adhered to
- Dogs will receive at least 2 walks a day but in some cases more… this is discussed at the meet and greet
- Your dog will get to socialise with other friendly dogs both staying with us and whilst on walks.
- An abundance of love and cuddles
- Playtime and interaction with us in the garden, playing with balls, Frisbees tug toys etc. For high-energy dogs, we will also incorporate mind games to mentally tire them, as well
- Medication administered if needed
- Your dog will wear one of our collars during his stay with all our contact details on as well as his usual collar
We do not accept into Home boarding aggressive dogs or bitches in season. Rates are charged per day and there is no minimum or maximum number of days they can stay.
What will you need to bring?
- Vaccination card
- Dog food and treats
- Dog collar and lead
- Bed if he uses one or sometimes just a blanket with your normal house smells on helps them settle on the first evening
- If you could have everything labelled with your dog’s name on it helps